Sunday, November 13, 2011

Watermelon In A Cup - 48 Hour Update

So, it's been a little over 48 hours since I planted the watermelon seeds in the cup and there is very little to report. The soil is moist but I'm getting a little impatient with the little guys. I mean, come on, sprout already. My self esteem as a nurturer of plants is on the line here (Ok, so the Internet says it takes on average 5 - 10 days for the plants to break soil). I will have to be patient.

I read somewhere that plants respond to music.
Today I decided to start music therapy. 

For over an hour I played Josh Groban's 2003 hit song, You Raise Me Up, on repeat, hoping that it would inspire the seeds to sprout and rise to greet me. We will see how that works.

I'm trying to come up with a playlist of songs to play to the Watermelon In A Cup. What songs do you think I should add? Leave a comment below to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment