Friday, November 11, 2011

Watermelon In A Cup - The Beginning

I'm going to grow a watermelon in a cup. This, by far, might become one of my greatest achievements to date. I will create life where there was only an old dry seed. I will nurture growth. I will teach it to thrive against diversity. And, when all is said and done, I will feast upon the fruits of my labors (pun intended).

So here is what has gone down so far... 1. I removed the seeds from the cup and replaced them with 1/3 cup of warm water, then 2. waited for the warm water to fully saturate the soil nugget in the bottom of the cup. 3. 'Fluffed" the soil with a "strong and tough" white plastic fork, then 4. replaced the seeds and covered with the remaining 1/4 inch of soil, and then 5. topped the cup with it's clear plastic top in an inverted position. Now we wait.




Stay tuned for updates on Watermelon In A Cup! (a title so epic, it defies the rules of capitalization).

No comments:

Post a Comment